We are a parent committee led Nursery and pre-school, a registered charity and members of the pre-school learning alliance.
Our Pre-school opened in 1982 in the St Day Community Centre and moved to it’s present setting at the St Day and Carharrack Community School in 1999. In 2006 we became a nursery offering care for 0-4’s from 8am until 6pm 50 weeks a year, adding the sunbeam room to our pre-school room. As a parent you can use the provision as much or as little as you like, providing space is available. We have 15 spaces for the Under 3’s and 21 places for the over 3’s.
The pre-school is open approximately 37 weeks each year. It is closed during school holidays, Feast Day and inset days. Our sessions usually coincide with the days that St Day and Carharrack Community School is open.
- Be in a safe and stimulating environment;
- Be given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- Have the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- Be helped to take forward her/his learning and development by building on what she/he already knows and can do;
- Have a personal key person who makes sure your child makes satisfying progress;
- Be in a nursery that supports positive health and well being through policies and practice;
- Be in a nursery which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop;
- Be in a nursery in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
Find us on Facebook under Sunny Days Nursery & Preschool